Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor
The Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor of the PH&W’s newsletter is responsible for supporting the Editor-in-Chief, Deputy Editor, and Associate Editors on several aspects of the publication, with special emphasis on:
- Copy-editing all editorially pre-reviewed content for correct grammar and formatting according to APA Publication Manual guidelines
- Coordinating the publication-production process with IPPA's web and graphic designer to ensure that all contributors’ bios, pictures, and their articles’ tables and graphs are in the forms required by IPPA's web designer
- Consolidating a single MSWord document for the Editorial Team from the edited documents according to the web-designer
Additionally, the Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor will attend Editorial Team Conference Calls to discuss the progress of the publication, suggest ideas for improvement, technology, and other innovations. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Familiarity with the peer-review editorial process of journals and strong writing skills for academic publications, with some APA writing style experience.
- Evidence of graduate training or professional development, with some expertise and knowledge in the context of positive health and well-being.
- Any experience serving as an active contributor to an academic/professional publication or publication outlet is a plus.
Applicant should be familiar with the first edition of Chronicle of Advances in Positive Health and Well-Being, available at: http://www.ippanetwork.org/divisions/healthdivision/health-and-wellness-publication-1/ The second publication will be issued in the late winter / spring of 2019. The Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor should be able to make a time commitment of 2-4 hours a week for the approximately 3 month working period before the release of the second edition. Time requirements may increase in the weeks leading up to the publication deadline. To talk with someone about this available role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.